In this episode, Kami focuses “on the plate” with her foundation premise to eating for health, which is “veggie loading”.
Veggie loading doesn’t mean being a vegetarian or a vegan, but instead eating an abundance of vegetables and plant foods on the daily in order to set ourselves up for optimal health.
- Why eating a diet rich in vegetables and plant foods is so important
- Practical tips to add to your tool kit to help you and your family reach your plant food quota every day
- A look into wholefood supplements and how to choose the best ones.
PLUS, heaps of recipes and cooking tips to help you add even more deliciousness and nutrition to your meals.
Links and resources:
· Listen to Kami’s episode on Primary Food here.
· Find our Plant Food Tracker here and get going this week with tracking your veggie loading and celebrate your success every week in upping your number and increasing your list
· Find a sneak peek of Kami’s recipe for Super power brownies here from her collaboration book What to Eat: A Specialist Guide to Fertility & Pregnancy with Dr Joo Teoh. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a copy.
· Find other delicious recipes on Kami’s blog here.
· Learn more about the importance of variety in our diets here.
· Here is the link to Thermomix's Vegetable Stock Paste recipe I mentioned. I keep to the same quantities but mix it up with what the veg and herbs I have on hand each time.
AND as a special listener bonus, anyone signing up to Kami’s Mind Body Lifestyle Online Wellness Program and mentioning Nourish Nurture Breathe will receive a free copy of her What to Eat cookbook. It’s full of recipes to help you thrive at whatever your stage of life.
For more about the co-hosts of Nourish Nurture Breathe Podcast, check out our websites:
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any of our upcoming episodes. We’ll be uploading a new one every week.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and a review on Apple podcasts and/or on our Facebook page. It’ll help us appear in searches and help more women and families learn, feel empowered and supported through this community.
Thank you so much and we really hope you enjoyed this episode and feel inspired to listen into some others too. We’ve got some really beautiful episodes in the pipeline for you and can’t wait to be back with you next week with another episode.