Breathing: it’s the first thing we do when we come into this world and it’s the last thing we do before we leave. It’s our life force in a very literal sense. Yet, it is something most of us never stop to pay any attention to. Slowing down, loving into your breath, even for as little as 1 minute a day, is one super simple thing you can do today with an incredible list of benefits including: reducing stress, reducing inflammation, improving mindset and so much more.
Consider this Part 1 as we will be going deep into our breath and different breathwork practices at regular intervals within our podcast.
- Why breathing is so important (other than the fact it keeps us alive!)
- The connection between breath, our fight or flight response and managing stress
- An easy everyday practice for mindful breathing
- The connection of breathwork and affirmations for gradually shifting and strengthening our mindset
PLUS, a bite-size guided breathwork where Kami leads Christie through one of her favourite grounding practices.
Links and resources:
- For more about us, check out our websites: www.christieleenutrition.com.au www.thismumskitchen.com
- Follow us on Instagram: @nourishnurturebreathe @thismumskitchen @christieleenutrition
Don’t just take our word for it – check out these links for further reading:
- The Effectiveness Of Daily Mindful Breathing Practices On Test Anxiety Of Students
- The Role Of Deep Breathing On Stress
- How Breath-Control Can Change Your Life
- Breath Of Life: The Respiratory Vagal Stimulation Model Of Contemplative Activity
Make sure you hit SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on any of our upcoming episodes. We’ll be uploading a new one every week.
And, if you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a rating and a review on Apple podcasts and/or on our Facebook page. It’ll help us appear in searches and help more women and families learn, feel empowered and supported through this community.
Thank you so much and we really hope you enjoy this episode and feel inspired to listen into some others too. Our next episode on Creating Habits: Our 5-Step Holistic Approach is coming out next week!